Thursday, March 12, 2009

Document Management & OCR Integration with PeopleXS, hot or not?

Today I had lunch with Aniel Sriram, an old friend, who is back in business at MagSoft, a Document Management Solution Vendor. As usual with Aniel, we discussed interesting market concepts for new business and a possible tooling integration of Document Management into PeopleXS. Allthough I am not convinced where we can plug this into our business model. I would like to share the option with the public for ideas into PeopleXS. When this generates enough thought I can shoot it into the community for voting (something that I will do anyway).

I just read that MagSoft has OCR tooling as well which can be used to create searchable pdf documents. Currently we use Textkernel for CV parsing, OCR should go one step further. Any thoughts on whether this is adding value to our current parsing integration? Let me know!

No comments: